Skip to Main Content

CCL welcomes members of the community: Home

CCL welcomes members of the community

Community Member Information

Community Cards

Non-university patrons who wish to borrow Library materials may purchase a Community Youth or Community Adult library card. Library cards are are available at the library's Circulation Desk. Patrons must first complete a registration form and pay a fee of $6. Lost cards will be replaced for $5. Community Educators may qualify for a free library card if they currently work in a public school in the university's service region. To apply for a free Community Educator card, complete the Community Educator Application Form.

Instruction Available to Regional K-12 Schools

We provide instruction in how to use the Library and its resources for high school Speech and English classes, as well as tours for KY Gear-up and for other various K-12 school groups by request. If you have an instruction request, contact Ray Bailey at 606-783-5106.

Genealogy Sources

We have how-to guides, family histories, registers and some microfilm to help researchers with their genealogy needs. Most of these materials concern family histories from Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, Tennessee and Virginia. These materials do not circulate, but are available for viewing during library operating hours. If you have genealogy-related questions, please call the University Archives at 606-783-5122.

Local & Regional History

In our Special Collections area, located on the 5th floor, we have materials that reflect on life, history and culture in Morehead and Eastern Kentucky. The James Still Collection, Jesse Stuart Collection, Roger W. Barbour Collection, and the Quilt Pattern Collections reflect the diversity and depth of our collections. These materials are in our online catalog, and can be viewed during Special Collections operating hours. Visit our Special Collections page for more information.

U.S. Government Documents

Camden-Carroll Library was designated a Federal Depository Library in 1955. We currently receive approximately 30% of the materials distributed by the Government Printing Office in Washington D.C. These materials are distributed in many formats including paper, microfiche, videotape, CD-ROM, DVD, and online/ electronic documents. The U.S. Documents collection is located on the 2nd floor of the Library and is open to the public. Most of the documents can be checked out of the library. Visit our Government Documents page for more information. 

Tax Forms

The library no longer provides printed tax forms each year.  All Kentucky tax forms are available from the Kentucky Department of Revenue. Federal forms can be found at the Internal Revenue Services' Web site.

Parking Information

If you need on-campus parking when visiting the Library, please consult the MSU Police Department's Parking page. The section on "Temporary & Guest Passes" under Vehicle Registration is particularly relevant to campus visitors. You can also view the complete Campus Map online. 

Donate to the Library

If you would like to support the important mission of the Camden-Carroll Library, please visit our Donate to CCL page.