Faculty and staff may call upon the Library to help them with their instructional endeavors. The Library is here to support the coursework and success of MSU students, faculty, and staff by providing instruction in research and library use. Our primary goal is to foster independent use of library materials and information resources.
Check the Library's Instruction Calendar to confirm whether your request has been scheduled.
Instruction Options -- click on the tabs above for detailed treatments of each
- Library Orientations and Tours - These sessions are great for any entry-level course. We have a Virtual Tour available but are happy to also offer in-person tours for various groups.
- Research Instruction Sessions - These sessions are great for higher level courses with course-specific and/or assignment-specific research needs.
- Online Research Guides (LibGuides) - Collaborate with a librarian in creating a specialized research guide to your courses and assignments.
- Embedded Library Services - Bring Library services and resources into your Blackboard courses.
- Library Science and Instructional Media (LSIM) Courses - Learn how to fully utilize the MSU Library and other information resources to answer your research needs.
Get one-on-one instruction and assistance with instructional technology or ask LTL staff for technology-based instruction for classes and groups.
Get instruction and assistance with the Learning Resource Center Collection.