SEXUAL PREDATOR LAWS - EVOLUTION
PUNISHMENT OF SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE U.S.
CIVIL COMITTMENT OF SEXUAL OFFENDERS
JUVENILE SEXUAL OFFENDERS TREATMENT AND THEORETICAL APPROACH
COMMONLY USED TREATMENTS FOR SEXUAL OFFENDERS
SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION AND THE IMPACT ON REOFFENDING
VICTIMS RIGHTS-SEX OFFENSE VICTIMS
SEX OFFENDER MOTIVATION
INTERVIEWING THE CHILD VICTIM
ASSESING OFFENDERS-COMMON INSTRUMENTS AND TECHNIQUES-EFFECTIVENESS
MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT TECHNIQUES IN THE PRISON SYSTEM
PRISON BUDGETS AND MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT
MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT –GENDER DIFFERENCES-NEEDS AND DELIVERY
SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT IN THE CORRECTIONAL SETTING
MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT AFTER CONFINEMENT
AFTERCARE OF PREVIOUSLY INCARCERATED SEX OFFENDERS
DRUG COURT CLIENTS-EFFECTIVENESS OF DRUG COURT
JUVENILE OFFENDER MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT
GENDER SPECIFIC DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT
THE FEMALE SEX OFFENDER
FAMILY HISTORY OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION
SOCIOPATHY-ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDER
MENTAL ILLNESSES MOST PREVALENT IN THE CORRECTIONAL ENVIRONMENT
SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND RACE AND ETHNICITY-AND MENTAL ILLNESS
ANGER MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES
THESE TOPICS ARE JUST SUGGESTIONS, ANY OF THESE OR ANY TOPIC SIMILAR WILL BE ACCEPTABLE-YOU SHOULD HOWEVER, ASK THE INSTRUCTOR FOR APPROVAL.
When you are searching in the Library's databases look first for a link to a PDF file.
If no PDF link is available look for the button.
This button allows you to:
What is Peer Review?
It is the quality control system for scholarship. It means that articles in a peer-reviewed journal must be scrutinized by experts before they are published. SYNONYMS = 'academic', 'juried', 'refereed', 'scholarly'.
How can you tell when something is peer-reviewed?
1) When you are looking at a print copy, of an entire issue of a journal, the editorial board of scholars with academic credentials and institutional affiliations will be listed somewhere. These are the 'peers' that review each published article.
2) Use a check box limit in your database search (when available).
3) Consult Ulrich's Periodicals Directory. (Search on the source title NOT the article title.) An icon of a referee's jersey will indicate that the journal is peer-reviewed.
A literature review is a section of a scholarly article or book (usually toward the begining) which summarizes and evaluates previous scholarship.
The purpose of a literature review is to give an accurate and complete accounting of the current state of knowledge for whichever research question you are attempting to answer. It is an essential feature of scholarship because without it the reader cannot judge how well-informed you are or how original your approach might be.
What you end up writing will be probably be different in two ways.
1) You should have a much narrower focus. These attempt to cover very broad topics.
2) You should delve back a number of years to learn everything you can about your topic. These only try to account for what has happened over the last year.