Collections at CCL
Books at Camden-Carroll Library are divided into several collections. Click the link below for a list of collections and their location in the library.
How are books arranged?
- Most library books are arranged by subject to make it easy for people to browse and locate similar materials gathered in one place.
- The numbers on book spines are call numbers and they identify where a book is shelved.
- These call numbers are a combination of letters and numbers, and a system of call numbers is called a classification schedule.
- At the Camden-Carroll Library we use three classification schedules (Dewey Decimal Classification, Library of Congress Classification, and SuDoc System) for different types of collections.
- See the tabs above for more information about book arrangement in a particular collection.